The following information and resources are provided as a public service and do not constitute nor replace the advice of a legal professional.
In general, our historic duplexes and apartments in Miracle Mile (pre-1978) fall under the Rent Stabilization Ordinance (RSO), commonly called “rent control,” which governs rent increases, evictions, and cash-for-keys offers. Our newer apartments do not fall under the RSO. Confirm RSO status at zimas.lacity.org. (Click “housing” on left column menu.)
COVID-19 RENTER PROTECTIONS: https://hcidla.lacity.org/covid-19-renter-protections
The Housing + Community Development Department provides resources for all renters.
HCIDLA hosts Monthly RSO Workshops.
2nd Wednesday of the Month, 10:00am-12:00pm
3550 Wilshire Blvd, 15th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90010
General RSO Information:
- RSO Overview (see the HCIDLA 2/2019 Presentation HERE)
- RSO Update (January 2019)
- Tenants’ Guide | Landlords’ Guide
- Guía para Inquilinos de Los Angeles
Rent Increases / Reductions:
- Legal Reasons for Eviction
- Tenant Not at Fault
- Illegal Use (at Fault)
- Ellis Act Evictions (see the HCIDLA 10/2018 Presentation HERE)
- Relocation Assistance
- Cash for Keys (see the HCIDLA 3/2019 Presentation HERE)