- Miracle Mile Chamber of Commerce: The MMRC works to promote the Miracle Mile district as a burgeonning cultural and business center.
- Park La Brea Residents Association: The PLBRA is an organization of volunteers who have joined together since 1988 to work actively for the benefit of the community and all its residents.
- Wilshire Vista Neighborhood Association: This neighborhood association is just south of MMRA, between Fairfax and Hauser, San Vicente and Pico.
- Directory of Neighborhood Homeowner Associations: Provided by the Larchmont Chronicle, the local newspaper which covers the Miracle Mile, Hancock Park, and neaby areas.
- Wilshire Center:The Wilshire Center is located 10 minutes east of the Miracle Mile, along the Wilshire corridor toward downtown Los Angeles.
- Westside Economic Collaborative: The WEC’s mission is to bring business, government and residents together to strengthen Westside communities.
Neighborhood Social Groups
- Miracle Mile Moms: If you ever hang out at the park on 8th & Curson, this is your group
Articles and Reports
- Miracle Mile on Wikipedia: The online encyclopedia offers a variety of interesting statistics, demographics and a history of the area.
- Cruising Down Miracle Mile, BrooWaha (September, 2006): “…In the early 1920s [developer A.W.] Ross turned 18 acres of empty land west of downtown into a bustling commercial district…”
- The Palm at the End of The Mind, Jacket Magazine (July, 2006): Marjorie Perloff writes about Thomas Hines’s Wilshire, Ed Ruscha’s Sunset and Robbert Flick’s Pico.
- Wilshire Vista Resource Guide, 2006 (1.8MB, PDF): This PDF guide is packed full of useful neighborhood businesses and insider information.
- Curating the City: Wilshire Blvd.: Presented by the Los Angeles Conservancy, this multimedia application offers a fascinating tour of the Wilshire Corridor from downtown to Santa Monica, including a section focused on the Miracle Mile and Carthay Circle.
Real Estate Resources