In response to an uptick in crime in the area, the MMRA addressed the concerns of residents via a zoom meeting with guest speakers LAPD Senior Lead Officer Adam Green and SSA Security Officer Bryan Liddy. Pro tips on how to keep yourself, your car, and your home safe were provided. An extensive list of resources is linked below.
5:24 Pro Tips from Officer Liddy of SSA
20:21 Why Our Miracle Mile Neighborhood Watch Works
29:35 Miracle Mile Crime Stats from LAPD Officer Adam Green
THE BEST SECURITY TIP IS TO HAVE AN ACTIVE & ORGANIZED BLOCK. WE NEED EVERY BLOCK TO HAVE A CAPTAIN. EMAIL US TO SIGN UP!
Neighborhood Watch Meeting Resources & SSA PRO TIPS!
October 18, 2022
STAY INFORMED: Sign up for MMRA newsletter
Join The MMRA (annual dues are only $25). We are 100% volunteer-run and utilize 100% of our funds to support our neighborhood.
SSA PRO TIPS:
Street Robbery Prevention Tips
Avoid Car Break In and Auto Theft
MIRACLE MILE 3-STEP NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH PLAN:
Step 1 Secure Your Property
Step 2 Utilize LAPD & 24/7 Private Patrol
Step 3 Be an Active Neighborhood Watch
HOW DO I ORGANIZE MY BLOCK? Click here
GROUP TEXT FOR YOUR BLOCK: Band app to start group text on your block or What’s App
NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH: What Is It & How To Do It: click here
Miracle Mile LAPD Senior Lead Police Officer: LAPD Officer Adam Green firstname.lastname@example.org (213) 793-0647
DISASTERS PREPAREDNESS: click here for more info
YOUR ALL-IN-ONE EARTHQUAKE PREP SHEET: click here (be sure to use hyperlinks for all resources! So easy!)
STREET LIGHT OUT? BULKY ITEM PICK UP?: Use the city website for a bulky item pick up, abandoned cars, graffiti removal, etc: MYLA311 app or click here
Council District 5: Paul Koretz email Field Deputy Jill Kline (323)866-1828
Council District 10: Heather Hutt email Field Deputy Maya Guevara (323) 733-7514 email
• Call 911 for an emergency, mental or health emergency, crime in progress, or danger to life/limb
• Call LAPD 1-877-ASK-LAPD for urgent, non-emergency calls
• Mental Health Crisis: Call or text 988
IMPORTANT NUMBERS: who to call and when to call click here
• To get resources to a person experiencing homelessness use the LA-HOP.org website or app to request an outreach team to be dispatched (watch the video)
• Report an encampment using app or website
• Notify your block captain and/or Neighborhood Watch Coordinator
• Work with your city council member (see above for contact info)