There are many ways you can obtain information during an emergency or disaster. You can monitor local media through a television set or radio, you can check for alerts through social media and you can monitor the situation on various websites. It is highly recommended to sign up for the following alerts to receive early warnings and/or instructions.
- Sign up for CITY alerts: Nofify LA alerts or just text your zip code to 888-777
- Sign up for COUNTY alert system: LA County alerts
- Sign up for MyShake Alert for early earthquake warning alert
- Sign up for LAPD’s Nixle for all the public safety alerts in your area
- Follow your local police on twitter: @LAPDWilshire
- Follow your local fire departments twitter: @LAFD or @LAFDtalk
- Make sure you are part of your block’s group text alert system! Contact your block captain
SOME APPS TO CONSIDER:
- Citizen app
- PulsePoint app
- Tune in to local television and radio stations (KNX 1070)
- Make sure you are signed up to receive MMRA newsletters and correspondence. Consider becoming an MMRA member.