Miracle Mile HPOZ Updates
Larchmont Buzz, August 22nd:
Now Playing on the MMRA Channel on YouTube:
Reforming the Baseline Mansionization Ordinance • An Update with Shelley Wagers
Shelley Wagers has spearheaded the effort to reform Los Angeles’ Baseline Mansionization Ordinance. In this interview she provides an update on the long road to stop McMansions. For more information visit:nomoremcmansionsinlosangeles.org. Recorded July 16, 2016 in Los Angeles.
Reforming L.A.’s Historic Preservation Ordinances
and a Brief History of Historic Preservation in L.A.
– a Video Interview with Ken Bernstein
Ken Bernstein, Principal City Planner and Manager of the Office of Historic Resources, was recently interviewed for the Miracle Mile Residential Association’s “MMRA Channel on YouTube.”
Time travel at our Miracle Mile Historical Photo Collection
Stay in the loop – follow us on Facebook:
We’re on Twitter and YouTube, too:
The Miracle Mile Residential Association [MMRA] is a non-profit community organization composed of your neighbors, both homeowners and renters. We are dedicated to maintaining the quality of life in the Miracle Mile area of Los Angeles through careful monitoring of development, safety, traffic and other important neighborhood concerns.
The MMRA stays current on these matters and then disseminates this information to the neighborhood residents. The MMRA is a volunteer organization. It is composed of its members, board members and officers.
- Read the March 2016 MMRA newsletter
- A Perfect Storm ~ Battlelines Are Drawn on the Neighborhood Integrity Iniative
- Three-Card Monte and Bike Lanes ~ by James O’Sullivan, MMRA President
- The MMRA Channel on YouTube: The Billboard Wars ~ A Conversation with Dennis Hathaway
- The MMRA Channel on YouTube: Reforming the Baseline Mansionization Ordinance ~ A Conversation with Shelley Wagers
- Man Dies in Officer Involved Shoot Near 8th and Sycamore
- Preliminary Results of Miracle Mile Neighborhood Traffic Mitigation Plan
- Miracle Mile Demolition Ban Approved
- Govan Eyes Residential Area of Miracle Mile for Future LACMA Expansion
- Preferential Parking Primer
- Why Can’t the Miracle Mile be More Like Beverly or 3rd Street…?
- When the Miracle Mile was LAX: Aviation History of the Miracle Mile
- Lights, camera, action! The Miracle Mile in Film
James O’Sullivan, President/Masselin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alice S. Cassidy, Vice President/Detroit (email@example.com)
Joe Steins, Treasurer and Recording Secretary/Sierra Bonita (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ken Hixon, Vice President–Director of Communications/Genesee (email@example.com)
Board meetings are held on the first Tuesday of the month at the Berch Lounge, Westside Jewish Community Center, 5870 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036.
All are welcome.
Northern: Wilshire Blvd.
Eastern: La Brea Ave. (Wilshire to Olympic); Meadowbrook Ave. (Olympic to San Vicente).
Southern: San Vicente Blvd. (Fairfax to Meadowbrook); Olympic Blvd. (Meadowbrook to La Brea)