The Miracle Mile Residential Association [MMRA] is a multi-purpose community organization comprised of your neighbors, both homeowners and renters. We are interested in maintaining the quality of life, property values, security and positive image in the Miracle Mile area of Los Angeles through careful monitoring of and input on land use, zoning and neighborhood concerns.
The MMRA stays current on these issues and then disseminates this information to the neighborhood residents. The MMRA is a volunteer organization. It is comprised of its members, Board Members and Officers. Each block is eligible to have at least one block representative who is a Board Member.
Take the MMRA 2013 Annual Poll…
This first annual poll of Miracle Mile residents will help us better understand how you feel about things in general and what specific issues matter most to you. The MMRA is a consensus driven organization and polling is one of the best ways for us to arrive at consensus. This poll is not just for residents living within the boundaries of the MMRA [see map below], we are also interested in how residents in neighboring areas feel, too.
Poll participants are anonymous and your honesty is welcomed. There are over 50 questions with opportunities to make specific comments. And you can skip over questions that don’t interest or apply to you. Just click on this link:
- December 2013 Edition of the MMRA Newsletter
- MMRA Endorses Mid City West Trolley Plan
- November 2013 Edition of the MMRA Newsletter
- Tar Pits Threatened by LACMA Expansion; MMRA Approves Motion to Preserve Green Space in Hancock Park
- MMRA Position on Subway Construction Work Hours Supported by Mid City West Community Council
- A Very “Hesitant” Planning Commission Denies Appeal of Petersen Facade
- October 2013 Edition of the MMRA Newsletter
- MMRA Appeals Petersen Museum Facade
- September 2013 Edition of the MMRA Newsletter
- You can now use PayPal to pay membership dues! Try it out…
- August 2013 Edition of the MMRA Newsletter
- When the Miracle Mile was LAX: Aviation History of the Miracle Mile
- MMRA Opposes Subway Work Hours Exemptions Sought by METRO
- July 2013 Edition of the MMRA Newsletter
- CityWatch reprints “L.A.: A City of Cliches” – Jim O’Sullivan’s message from the June 2013 Edition of the MMRA Newsletter.
- Lights, camera, action! The Miracle Mile in Film
- May 2013 Edition of the MMRA Newsletter
- Miracle Mile Real Estate page created listing monthly sales
- MMRA position on bike lanes on 6th Street
- Check out the new Miracle Mile Restaurant Guide & Map
James O’Sullivan, President/Masselin (email@example.com)
Alice S. Cassidy, Vice President/Burnside (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Joe Steins, Treasurer and Recording Secretary/Sierra Bonita (email@example.com)
Ken Hixon, Vice President–Newsletter Editor/Genesee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Board meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month at the Berch Lounge, Westside Jewish Community Center, 5870 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036.
All are welcome.
MMRA boundaries are:
- Northern: Wilshire Blvd.
- Eastern: La Brea, from Wilshire to Olympic; Meadowbrook from Olympic to Edgewood Place.
- Southern: Edgewood Place (from Meadowbrook to Hauser); San Vicente (from Hauser to Fairfax)
- Western: Fairfax
You can also see the MMRA neighborhood area in an interactive Google Map.