Click on image to play video.
Miracle Mile HPOZ Meeting, January 10, 2015.
We had a large turn out at our HPOZ meeting. It was hosted by Mark Zecca, chairperson of the HPOZ committee and featured a panel with Shannon Ryan, L.A. Office of Historic Resources – HPOZ Unit, and Robbie O’Donnell, Wilshire Park HPOZ.
Special thanks to:
Candela/Leonardo’s Night Club
831 South La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Visit our HPOZ & RFA Info page for information about the Miracle Mile Reduced Floor Area District [RFA] and our efforts to create the Miracle Mile Historical Preservation Overlay Zone [HPOZ].
Visit our Subway Construction page to sign our online petition opposing Nighttime, Sunday, and Holiday Subway Construction.
The Miracle Mile Residential Association [MMRA] is a multi-purpose community organization composed of your neighbors, both homeowners and renters. We are interested in maintaining the quality of life, property values, security and positive image in the Miracle Mile area of Los Angeles through careful monitoring of and input on land use, zoning and neighborhood concerns.
The MMRA stays current on these issues and then disseminates this information to the neighborhood residents. The MMRA is a volunteer organization. It is composed of its members, board members and officers.
- March 2015 Edition of the MMRA Newsletter
- MMRA Board Endorses Miracle Mile HPOZ
- Another McMansion Underway in the Miracle Mile
- Pin the Tail on the Donkey (The CD 4 Council Election)
- Council District 4 Players Guide • a message from Jim O’Sullivan
- January 2015 Edition of the MMRA Newsletter
- LACMA’s Billion Dollar Debt (and Michael Govan’s Very Good Day) by Greg Goldin
- December 2014 Edition of the MMRA Newsletter
- November 2014 Edition of the MMRA Newsletter
- Preferential Parking Primer added to Resources tab
- “Nix Pix Museum” Says MMRA
- MMRA Submits Comments on Academy Museum DEIR
- Proposed Ban on Single Family Home Demolitions Includes Miracle Mile
- MMRA Declares War on McMansions!
- LACMA: The Sky’s the Limit • Commentary by Greg Goldin
- LACMA Wants to Bridge Wilshire with Revamped Museum Design
- Miracle Mile Spotlight on Small Businesses & Restaurants
- Why Can’t the Miracle Mile be More Like Beverly or 3rd Street…?
- Subway Construction Page: links and details on Purple Line Extension
- When the Miracle Mile was LAX: Aviation History of the Miracle Mile
- Lights, camera, action! The Miracle Mile in Film
James O’Sullivan, President/Masselin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alice S. Cassidy, Vice President/Burnside (email@example.com)
Joe Steins, Treasurer and Recording Secretary/Sierra Bonita (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ken Hixon, Vice President–Director of Communications/Genesee (email@example.com)
Board meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month at the Berch Lounge, Westside Jewish Community Center, 5870 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036.
All are welcome.
MMRA boundaries are:
- Northern: Wilshire Blvd.
- Eastern: La Brea, from Wilshire to Olympic; Meadowbrook from Olympic to Edgewood Place.
- Southern: Edgewood Place (from Meadowbrook to Hauser); San Vicente (from Hauser to Fairfax)
- Western: Fairfax
You can also see the MMRA neighborhood area in an interactive Google Map.