The Carthay Circle Theatre was one of the most famous movie palaces of Hollywood’s Golden Age. It opened at 6316 San Vicente Boulevard in 1926. The exterior design was in the Spanish Colonial Revival style, with whitewashed concrete trimmed in blue, with a high bell tower and neon sign that could be seen for miles. The architects were Carleton Winslow and Dwight Gibbs. The theater was demolished in 1969.