Geller Theatre Workshop advertisement, circa 1948. Vaudevillian and silent film actor Ben Bard established the playhouse and acting school at 6040 Wilshire Boulevard (on the southwest corner of Wilshire and Orange Grove Drive) in 1930. Bard departed the business in 1938 to became head of new talent at 20th Century Fox. The theatre and drama school was run by the noted director Max Reinhart until 1941, when management was assumed by Jack Geller who operated as the Geller Theatre Workshop until circa 1959. The building was demolished in 1960 for the construction of Seibu Department Store (later Orbach’s, now the Petersen Museum).